“In counselling you are helped to explore your difficulties and concerns, and to develop more satisfying and resourceful ways of living.” Information leaflet New Zealand Association of Counsellors NZAC
For more information on counselling please go to the NZAC website.Creative Arts Therapies (CAT)
CAT offers people the opportunity to explore difficulties and concerns using a variety of creative mediums. These include: Visual Art, Sandplay therapy, Music, Drama, Movement, Creative Writing and Storytelling. You do not have to be an artist or have any previous arts experience to work with CAT.
“In times of crisis, mourning, grief and loss, artistic expression helps us to convey and cope with powerful emotions, to repair and transform feelings, and eventually to restore wholeness” Cathy Malchiodi (2002)
Supervision is available for counsellors/therapists and others in the helping professions either individually or in small groups. Supervision is an opportunity to reflect on practices, increase skills and knowledge.
It can also help with managing change, conflict resolution, setting goals and gaining a clearer picture of work related issues with the aim of achieving 'Super - Vision!'
Online counselling and supervision sessions are now available via Zoom.
Funded sessions may be available, private sessions are charged on a sliding scale of $80 – $110.
Counselling/CAT sessions are held at Baylys Beach or Dargaville Hospital.
Individual supervision sessions cost $110. For group supervision costs please contact me to discuss your requirements.
The cost of training and workshops depends on the numbers involved and the time required. I am happy to quote for training costs after discussing your needs.
• You can expect to be seen on time in a safe and confidential environment.
• You will be treated with respect and informed in good time if there are to be any changes in your appointment details.
• You will be given information about who to contact if you have any queries, concerns or complaints about your counselling or CAT sessions.
• You will be asked to arrive on time and to let Josie know at least 24 hours in advance if you can not attend your appointment. If you miss an appointment with no notice a fee will be charged.
• Sessions are approximately 60 – 90 minutes long. : Prior to the first session you will know whether funding is available or whether you will be expected to pay privately.